Personal Training - Terms & Conditions
The Trainer's Obligations:
- The trainer will use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise to achieve the client’s goals.
- This will take into account: the client's age, health, lifestyle, background, occupation, fitness levels, likes and dislikes related to exercise and personality.
- The Trainer will endeavour to educate, motivate and inspire the Client to reach these goals.
- The trainer will provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that the client will need to help them achieve their goals during each session.
- Health Screening - All clients must complete a PAR-Q before commencing any exercise programme.
- Your trainer may require a letter of 'medical clearance' from your GP depending on your health status. (Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter)
- Your trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
- If your trainer misses your session without at least 24 hours notice you will be credited with an additional session on top of the missed session.
- To lead by example and give 100% commitment.
- To be completely honest if goals are unattainable.
The Client's Obligations:
- Be on time so that a full session can be achieved on each visit.
- The client is required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Clothes should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. Footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
- Commit to the programme 100% in order to achieve results.
- Provide all information needed to achieve goals eg. Food diary
- If the trainer requires, provide further medical information from a practitioner.
Session Cancellation Policy:
24 hours notice of cancellation is required for all appointments.
Notice of less that 24 hours will incur a full payment of the session fee.
Re-arranging a Session:
At least 24 hrs notice is required to re-arrange a session; this can only be done if the trainer has the availability you need.
If the trainer is unavailable to re-arrange, the session would either need to be kept or be cancelled.
If the client is late for a session the session cannot be extended and will end at the appointed time. If the trainer is late additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions. If the client arrives more than 20 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, the trainer may leave the premises and the appointment may be forfeited.
Fee Charging Policy:
Montly invoices will be sent out in advance for agreed volume of sessions per week. Please provide one month’s notice if you wish to cease training.
Long Term Absences - Injury, Illness, Pregnancy & Other
Will be dealt with fairly and on an individual basis. Sessions can be used when you are well and able to do so again. If you are unable to return to the original or an amended version of the training programme after an agreed period of time (6 months or more) the sessions may be transferred to another suitable person or a refunded.